Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Dreaded Healthcare Hunt!

First, lets start with this little tidbit from the Miami Herald..

Workers to bear more health care costs




Associated Press

The nation's employers are struggling with close to double-digit increases in health care costs in 2006, and consequently will be shifting more of that burden to their employees, according to a new survey of more than 1,800 firms.

The preliminary survey, released Tuesday by Mercer Human Resource Consulting, found that employers anticipate an almost 10 percent increase in health care costs next year, about three times the rate of general inflation, if they leave benefits unchanged.

I am starting a new job in less than two weeks and am on the hunt for individual healthcare bennies. So far, there is absolutlely nothing that matches my present group plan. I will probably have to face a high deductible with an 80/20 plan. For a guy with no bucks in the bank, that basically means avoiding the doc at all costs.

I can take comfort in the thought that if I get run over by an out of control Hummer, I will only owe thousands instead of millions. At least I have some comfort in knowing that with my new job...the more successful I am, the more money I make. I will need it since my "Wild Child" days are catching up with me as I pass from the "Dirty Old Man " stage to the "Geezer" stage!

At least I'm not watching "Lawrence Welk " reruns, yet!!

No comments: