One of the best kinds of exercise is also the simplest!!!
Walking is the one thing anyone can do just about anytime!!
Based on research studies, walking on a regular basis has the following health benefits:
- It reduces your risk of dying from heart disease or stroke
- It lowers your risk of heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, colon cancer, and diabetes
- It lowers high blood pressure (hypertension)
- It protects against falling and bone fractures in older adults
- It may help protect against certain types of cancer, such as breast cancer
- It increases the number of calories your body uses, which helps to control your weight
- It helps control joint swelling and pain from arthritis.
- Helps keep your bones, muscles, and joints healthy
- Reduces anxiety and depression, boosting your mood
- Helps you handle stress
- Helps you feel more energetic
- Helps you sleep better
- Improves your self-esteem